Monday, October 11, 2010

embarrassing to the max.

so as some of you know, college kids need money. so for that reason I donate plasma twice a week. yes, I realize that there are other ways to get money but this is the only thing that really works for me right now. but today was a day like any other. I went to class and then I decided that I should go donate today. So I made my little walk over to the plasma center on main st, went in the waiting room, and then I donated plasma. Easy, simple, and made some cash money. After I finished I left in a hurry trying to find my roommate Stacey, who was on the third floor of the library. I found her eventually and just visited for a bit. Then I started to feel uneasy, and honestly it was an odd feeling. So Stacey suggested I should eat something since I hadn't eaten for a good amount of hours. Then I just put my head on the table because I felt as though either I would throw up or I would pass out. Stacey kept talking to me but then I lost some hearing and it was rough to understand her. So I got up and walked as fast as I could to the bathroom.When I was almost there I was loosing my sight and was so scared because I've never passed out and honestly had no idea what was going on. I manage to open the bathroom door lean against the wall. Next thing I know, I'm flat on my back of the tile floor of the bathroom looking up at stacey. She didn't really know what to do, so I guess she grabbed some lady. She came in and helped me, they picked me up and got me to an apple and some yogurt. I figured this was the worst of my embarrassment. wrong. then the paradmedics decided to come and make sure I was alive. Pricked my finger, tested blood sugar and made sure my heart rate was ok. I'm totally fine, just scary that's all. but lesson learned: always eat after plasma. 

No comments: