Thursday, January 20, 2011

"Haley, sometimes you need to learn to like hard things."

I've heard this statement twice in the past 24 hours. I may or may not have been complaining about my class load to my friend Cody, when he let me know that I need to like hard things. This afternoon after my anatomy/physiology class I gave my dad a ring. He said the same things. Maybe it was just one of those days that I question why I'm going to school and if my major is really the smartest decision. But, hey I'm sticking it out. So hey, sometimes I need to learn to like hard things.

So what is new in the life of Haley? I'll tell you. This past weekend was a three day weekend which was so very necessary. One of the days I went to Driggs,ID and stayed at a friend's cabin. and then the greatest thing happened. I, haley van liew, went sledding for the first time in my life. I was in a 80's looking red jumpsuit and I enjoyed every minute of it. It was good. 

Lately:

I really like my new roommates. I've never lived with any of these girls before, but they are so cute and the nicest ever. Plus, who doesn't like having a super cute apartment? 

They moved the gym into the fieldhouse on campus...saying I love it is an understatement. Tomorrow i'm running and boy am I excited.

I want to go down to Park City for the Sundance Festival.

I took a nap today and it was lovely. 

I'm mastering the skill of learning to love vegetables. Seriously. Sounds pathetic, but I literally order everything plain. No lettuce, tomatoes or onions. Ever. But oddly, I have a love affair with salad quite often. I know, it makes no sense. Moral of the story: You should see my fridge. It's vegetable galore. 

Ever suggest a movie because you love it. then you proceed to watch it with people who in the end didn't like it? I don't like that feeling.

The weekend can't come soon enough.

I am so happy that my best friend up here, Abi, is now living up here again. I missed her during fall. Even though she's married her and I keep in touch. Ah I love the ottesons.

My favorite words to answer with are "naturally" and "clearly". Don't ask me why, I honestly have no idea.

I would really like to hit up a farmer's market. But it's probably not the time or season for those. dang.


oh hey. I like living in rexburg for the time being. I'm content. I've got some great friends and that's all i need. Love it.

No comments: